Driving School in Westlake
Additional Driving Lessons
Beyond our Silver and Gold programs, Top Driver offers additional in-vehicle driver training that can be customized for your teen. You should consider such mentoring if your son or daughter:
- Is preparing for their state driving test and needs to refresh certain skills
- Needs additional experience to master any of the following skills:
- Interstate driving
- Parking and backing
- Urban / city driving
- Right-of -ways / safely negotiating intersections
- Vehicle control (smooth stops, proper turns, staying centered in their lane, driving the proper speed at all times)
- Exhibits any of the following dangerous habits:
- Excessive speed (over the posted speed or too fast for conditions)
- Distracted driving (uses or wants to use their cell phone to talk or text, too much focus on audio devices or does not appear to be fully focused on the driving task)
- Drives aggressively (tailgates, over-accelerates with starts, late brakes, rolls stop signs, runs red lights, constant lane changes)
- Has not driven for a while, for any reason, and needs a refresher lesson
- Is hesitant or reluctant to drive on their permit or even after obtaining their license (could be caused by a bad experience while driving or under-confidence)
- Makes you uncomfortable with any aspect of practice driving which causes either limited practice driving and/or negative experiences
These mentoring hours are available in two-hour sessions and can be focused on a specific area or skill. To make the lesson as effective as possible, we recommend a parent attend the first and last 5 minutes of the lesson to speak directly with the instructor. For parents, these hours also count toward the coaching hours you're required to spend with your teen to get a driver's license.
You know your teen better than anyone. From now until they get their license and beyond, ride with them. Ask them questions. Make sure they know more than just the basics. If you don't think they are truly intelligent drivers, call us to schedule more driving lessons with a professional driving instructor. This is not the time to question if they received enough training.
Get the right amount of professional driver training for your teen!