COVID-19 Top Driver’s Response
May 29, 2020 Update
Top Driver is going the extra mile to ensure that we are providing a safe learning environment for our students and instructors. We are now Transportation Sanitization (TS) certified and are employing additional training to our staff and implementing an increased sanitization protocol to all of our vehicles. Learn more about our vehicle sanitization process by watching the video below.
Top Driver is going the extra mile to ensure that we are providing a safe learning space for our students and instructors.
May 26, 2020 Update
Attention Top Driver Families,
We are pleased to offer our new WEBCAST On Demand Classroom option to provide alternative classroom training for Current and New students! It is available at any time for enrollment for new students who are 15+ years of age. The Secretary of State has just announced that our WEBCAST On Demand classroom option will be available until the State of Illinois reaches Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan announced by Governor Pritzker on May 5, 2020. We encourage students to take advantage of this temporary option while our traditional classroom programs are unavailable. Please contact Customer Service with any questions at 800-374-8373. Thank you for your patience.
Top Driver will not conduct in-person classes from our Educational Centers until the COVID-19 mandate on Social Distancing has been lifted and we feel it is safe to do so. Again, we encourage everyone to enroll in the WEBCAST program so that they can complete their classroom training as soon as possible.
- January 1 – June 30, 2020 START DATES: These classes will not be held in-person. All students in process should complete their classroom training sessions via the WEBCAST classroom option or transfer to a later class. Please call Customer Service at 800-374-8373 to select a future start date or to enroll in the WEBCAST Classroom program.
- Updates are also available on the student portal, Top Driver Signals: www.topdriversignals.com.
In-Vehicle Training UPDATES:
- As a result of the highly unusual set of circumstances created by the COVID-19 pandemic Top Driver will be making modifications to our standard behind the wheel procedures.
- The details of the In-Vehicle training updates have been emailed to all existing students and can be found on our student portal, Top Driver Signals: www.topdriversignals.com.
- Until social distancing is no longer mandated, all in-vehicle training will start and end at Top Driver Education Centers.
- This change will enable Top Driver to implement sanitizing stations at each Education Center.
- There will be a 15-minute break between each lesson so that the instructor can sanitize the vehicle.
- In addition to daily vehicle cleaning, Top Driver has also invested in a COVID sanitization service from TSCERT whose products are EPA-registered, approved by the FDA, USDA and used in accordance with CDC, OSHA and the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines for disinfecting.
- Mandatory use of face coverings/masks by all students and instructors will be required. Lessons will not be conducted if a student is not wearing proper face covering. This is mandated by the Illinois Secretary of State.
The Secretary of State has indicated that student Completion Deadlines will be extended beyond the current
9 months so there is no need to worry about a student completing their program in a timely manner.
** Late Summer and Fall classes are ALSO available for enrollment – this can be done either online or by calling Customer Service**
Thank you very much for your patience and flexibility as we work through this crisis along with the rest of the state and nation. We hope to be out driving and instructing our Top Driver students as soon as we are able.
The Top Driver Management Team